Can you for a second imagine of having surgery in a small space of your mouth? It’s scary but our face and smile is one thing we care the most. When there is a serious problem with the teeth that can’t be fixed by any other way, dentists suggest undergoing dental implant surgery.
Like any other surgery, there are a few things to prepare before your dental surgery such as:
- Not eating food for 4 -12 hours before surgery. Speak to your dentist to know the perfect times.
- Wearing very comfortable clothes while you go for surgery. Avoid any kind of makeup or lipstick or nail polish.
- Having a very light meal before and after surgery.
- Having someone to drive you to the hospital and drop you back home after surgery. The surgery could be painful and might be difficult for you to travel alone.
- Trying to have a good sleep before your surgery to be relaxed and calm.
After your surgery, it is suggested, you have at least three days of rest. Follow the instructions given by the dentist. Once you follow these things and take proper rest after surgery, you will find no difference between your implanted and natural teeth.